Homemade Face Scrub



Face scrub is something most people really enjoy and they really help your skin feel fresh and much cleaner. Personally I believe that there's no need to put on your face extra chemicals . Natural scrubs are as good as the ones you find in most stores. The main difference is that they are handmade with natural products which can be found in your kitchen, and they are much more affordable.

For the Lemon- Sugar scrub, you will need:


7 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of coconut
2 tablespoons of honey
juice of half a lemon
few drops of Vanilla essential oil


Benefits of the ingredients:

Sugar: It is a natural exfoliator and source of glycolic acid which evens out skin tone. It also cleans pores and improves overall skin texture since it removes dead skin cells.
Lemon: Natural source of vitamin C- an ingredient which is used to brighten the skin.A great natural remedy for sun and age spots. Also it evens out your skin tone and tightens your pores.
Olive Oil: A product enriched with vitamin E, which soothes and heals the skin. It is a natural moisturising ingredient often used for it's anti-aging benefits. Also here in Greece we have the best quality of olive oil so why not get the most out of it?! ( It is very healthy as well )
Honey: A natural source of anti-oxidants, great for age prevention. It locks the moisture into your skin, keeping your face hydrated. It's antibacterial properties help acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.
Coconut oil: Also enriched with vitamin E, for a smooth and younger looking skin. It is also a natural antibacterial, antifungal and adds moisture to your skin. 


This scrub is great for all skin types, especially for acne prone skin.
Let me know if you try it! 




16 comments

  1. Love that you use all natural ingredients. :) gotta give this a try!

    BeyondBasicBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been making this for a year now and I have noticed a great difference ;)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a very nice mask and love all the benefits!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Μπράβο Κατερίνα, Κατερινάκι!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ευχαριστω πολυ απιστευτη σοφια ^_^

      Delete
  4. I have all the ingredients for this recipe except the vanilla essential oil, but It won't hurt to invest in it. I'll have to get back to you when I make this and have used it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can leave it out of the recipe if you want! Definitely tell me how it turned out! ^_^

      Delete
  5. Hello, Just came across your blog and I am definitely going to try this! I will let you know how I get on. Have you ever heard of manuka honey? I may use that in it. It has great healing properties. Such a great post thank you!
    Elisha x
    www.aspoon-full-ofsugar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for kind words! you made my day! Yes I've heard about manuka honey, and as far as I know it is very good, however I haven't tried it yet! I would really love you to tell me how it turned out and if you liked manuka honey! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Ωραία ιδέα Κατερίνα μου! Θα το δοκιμάσω σίγουρα :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Να την δοκιμασεις σιγουρα! Ειναι πραγματικα πολυ καλη! την φτιαχνω δυο χρονια τωρα ^_^

      Delete